f Metabolic regulation of Irp gene expression in Escherichia coli K-12
- Authors: C. F. Chen, J. Lan, M. Korovine, Z. Q. Shao, L. Tao, J. Zhang, E. B. Newman
- Author for correspondence: E. B. Newman. Tel: +1 514 848 3410. Fax: + 1 514 848 2881. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microbiology, June 1997 143: 2079-2084, doi: 10.1099/00221287-143-6-2079
- Subject: Physiology And Growth
- Published Online:
Expression of the Irp gene is regulated in part by the nutrients available to the cell, and is decreased in rich medium, in glucose minimal media enriched with amino acids, and in minimal medium with alternative carbon sources, such as acetate and succinate. When Lrp production is increased in a given medium, expression of its target genes is also increased. However, when the medium is changed from glucose to acetate, the response of the target genes is governed by many factors.
- Keyword(s): regulation of lrp expression, leucine-responsive regulatory protein, Escherichia coli, metabolism
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/micro/10.1099/00221287-143-6-2079dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/micro AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/micro/10.1099/00221287-143-6-2079dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/micro AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....