Manage your subscription
If you are a librarian or an administrator then you have access to the Administration Area for the Microbiology Society publishing platform where you can:
- Update your institutional profile
- Manage your institutional logo
- View your IP addresses
- View your current subscriptions
- Download your usage statistics (these will be available from August 2015)
You need to be signed-in as an Institutional Administrator to access the Administration page for the Microbiology Society publishing platform. You can sign-in anywhere on the website from the right hand tool bar.
If you have not already received your username and password to access the Administration area, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have forgotten your administrator username and/or password to access the Administration area, under the sign-in screen click 'Need login-help', from here you will be able to reset your administrator details.
The following authentication options are supported by the Microbiology Society:
- IP address
- Proxy server
- Athens (coming soon)
- Shibboleth (coming soon)
For IP Address authenticated customers, your institution name will automatically be shown on the site so that your users are aware that access has been provided for them.
Updating your Institutional Profile
The 'Update Institutional Profile' area enables you to update:
- Administrator name and email address
- Change your administration password
To access this area click on 'Update Institutional Profile' under Profile Management.
The details on the page can be over typed to the appropriate ones and the Update button selected once complete.
Managing Institutional Logo
From the main Administration screen, under profile management, select 'manage your institutional logo':
- On this page will be a form to upload the logo for your institution
- Your logo will then appear in the top right hand corner of the page and will appear on all pages of the site
- Logos will be scaled to fit the maximum height and width available for display
- You may specify some alternative text that will appear when the image is not shown and you may specify a URL to which the logo will be linked when the user clicks on it
To add your Institutional Logo:
- Enter the Alt Text for the Logo in the box marked Alt Text for Logo
- Enter the URL of the logo
- Search for Logo File using the Browse button and 'upload' it
If you have any problems in adding your Institutional Logo to the site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating IP Addresses
You can view, add, remove and replace the IP Addresses that are registered for your organisation's subscriptions by going to 'Updating IP Addresses'.
This allows you to see a list of the Society journals that you currently subscribe to.
COUNTER Usage statistics
The following COUNTER compliant usage reports are available via the Administration Area:
- Journal Report 1: Number of successful full-text article requests by month and journal